Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Set backs.

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -Serenity Prayer Fall down seven times, stand up eight. Every challenge is an opportunity. What would be the point of living if it didn't change us? (one of my favorite Downton Abbey quotes) All of us on a daily basis have the opportunity to move forward, backward or stay put. -Rob Lowe "Stories I Only Tell my Friends" I could go on and on with these motivational sayings after a setback, but I think you get the point. I've had a few setbacks recently. With the house, with my job, with my personal goals. If I wasn't a stronger person I would seriously start questioning a lot about myself. But I know myself well enough to know that after a day or two (ok, maybe 3 or 4) of the personal pity party and dust myself off and pick myself up (another cliche, sorry). As frustrating as it is that in the last six months I've been told: your house won't sell unless you sink more money into it, you've been "reassigned" to a new school but we won't tell you why, and you are motivated to focus on you but life will get in the way (again); I have tried to take every opportunity in stride and not let it get me down. But I'll admit, it's hard. Really hard. Until I learn how to accept change gracefully (grace has never been one of my strong suits) I'll just have to keep getting back on my horse and riding. Another cliche, sorry.

No comments: