Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Baby fever.


I've got the fever. In a bad way. Recently many of my friends have had babies. Some have been firsts and some have been seconds. I want one. My uterus is hurting just thinking about it. Deb, and Julie, and Kate, and Jacqueline-I blame you. You have all had such beautiful baby girls (Kate actually had two!) in the last few months that I am on squishy baby overload. And I want one of my own. Now.

I know Honey and I have a plan for when Lovie will be graced with a sibling but right now I'd like to throw that plan out the window, throw caution to the wind, and throw myself at Honey in wild-baby-making-abandon. It makes me wonder why we have a plan in the first place. We had a plan the first go round and it didn't work out exactly. It took us many tries, and lots of tears, to make the Lovie. I'm hoping that this time around will be different.

At the same time, I want this time around to start now, not later. Alas, Honey is an equal partner in this game and he isn't to be swayed. I need to spend more time with Deb, Julie, Kate, and Jacqueline and their respective squishy little girls in the near future to hold me off. For a little while at least.

No comments: