Monday, March 15, 2010

A Day in the Life of a Working Mom.

This morning I read a blog entry about a Day in the Life of a SAHM (sorry I don't remember who it was). I thought, hmm...I could to that. Only I'm not a stay at home mom. But I think the life of a working mom is just as interesting, if not more.

5effing:00: Honey's alarm goes off because he intends to work out.
5effing:05: Having gotten up to pee, Honey returns to bed, deciding to save the workout for another day.
5:45: Honey gets up and showers.
6:05: Freshly showered and soapy smelling Honey wakes me up with a kiss. (If it weren't for coffee-see below-this would be the best part of my morning)
6:08: Grumpily roll arse out of bed and head to shower.
6:11: Shower begins to run out of hot water, begin to rinse conditioner out of hair faster.
6:13: Hot water turns to cool water, abandon hair rinse, leave shower more grumpily than when entered.
6:15: Haphazardly dress in work appropriate clothes, some of which may or may not have been picked out of a pile on top of the dresser.
6:30: Down stairs to turn on coffee and stare blankly at the maker until the hot caffeine is ready to be poured. Savor sweet coffee love. (Ahh...grump subsides)
7:00: Lovey begins rattling the cage to signify her waking. She then begins to cry "MAMA!!!"
7:15: Wrestle Lovey into her clothes and brush her hair, while she screams "No! No!" and runs away while bribing her with Cheerios and Handy Mandy. On the way out the door Lovey chants until I give her a granola bar, which she happily chows in the backseat of the car.
7:45: Drop off at daycare. Lovey quickly runs off to play with her friends and gives me a casual, nonchalant wave as I leave.
8-3:40: Attempt to make myself useful at work. Check email, blogs, plan summer vacation, talk to friends, see some kids, write a report, teach gym class.
3:40: Attend staff meeting, the highlight of which is my principal reading us a picture book about test taking.
5:15: Home to dinner with Honey, Lovey, and Father in-law. Play with Lovey.
7:00: Put Loveyto bed, spend 5 minutes talking to Honey after Father in-law leaves, spend the next two hours plopped in front of the computer "doing work".
9:30ish: To bed, where Honey falls into a deep sleep, snoring included, in 30 seconds. I eventually fall into dreamland just in time to start it all over again at 5effing o'clock.

No comments: