Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Spring Healing.

As March draws to a close, I have been thinking back on the month and realizing that a lot of it has been about healing and repair. Not cleaning and repair as is typical. (Yeah, I need to do that, too.)

March is Honey's birthday month, and also his mom's birthday month. Their birthdays are actually 2 days apart. This has made celebrating his birthday the last two years a bit difficult. March also signifies the start of spring. Coincidentally, Honey's mom was born on the first day of spring. Which begs the question: Is that why she has always loved flowers? It's a chicken/egg thing I guess. The start of spring makes me miss her. Even though like most mother in-laws she had her moments, she was still a generous, out-going, effervescent person who had an amazing gift of bringing people together. Perhaps that's why the Friends of Elizabeth Park dedicated a plaque in her honor last May that coincidentally was put in place quietly a few weeks ago. (Did I mention that I believe fully that in life there are no coincidences and that everything happens for a reason?) Honey has some pictures on his blog if you're interested in taking a look.

Thank you Donna for bringing your beautiful boy into the world and sharing your youthful exuberance and love of the outdoors with him so he could share it with me. We love you and miss you.

No comments: