Thursday, April 1, 2010

All the ladies in the club put your hands up!

Honey has been trying to teach Lovey to do a fist pump since she was old enough to stand up on her own two feet. Well folks, this week, she got it! He asked her for the usual high five which she happily granted and then he asked her to pound it. She put her little hand into what could only loosely be called a fist and touched Honey's fist. All with a big smile. Clearly one of Honey's proudest Daddy moments.

My proud Mommy moment came shortly thereafter. Honey spontaneously said to Lovey, "Raise your hand if you're beautiful!" and both of Lovey's arms shot up into the air. It was so wonderful I could've cried. Now this is a daily routine: high five, fist pump, and raise your hand if you're beautiful. I wonder if Honey knows that he is giving our daughter something so few women have, pride and self-worth, in this small little gimmic. I plan to enjoy every minute of it, and raise my hand every chance I get. Who's with me?

No comments: