Saturday, November 19, 2011

Middle age.

Yup, I am officially middle aged. Well, not really, but if you want to be technical, I'm 1/2 way to being old. Honey and I decided 70 was old, so if I just turned 35 then I'm 1/2 way to old. Hence, middle aged. For some reason turning 35 was tough for me. I was happy to turn 30, it seemed to hold so much promise. But, 35? Seems to hold so much dread.

To combat these feelings I've decided that I would set some goals for myself this year. If I put them out into the world I have a better chance of accomplishing them so here goes:

-get a labyrinth tattoo
-lose the pregnancy weight
-enjoy being physically active again
-run a race (5K, 10K, half marathon, Tough Mudder?)
-let my little light shine as bright as it can for all to see

The last one sort of covers all the others. Well, maybe not the tattoo one. I need to live up to my potential, and I don't always feel like I do. It's time to change that.

No comments: