Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Keep it simple.

In the ever present quest for self improvement I finally came up with three simple goals I'd like to accomplish everyday. The point of the goals is not to give me more work to do, but to make me feel more me. It seems I always have an issue with time for myself. I used to think it was just a mommy problem, now I've come to learn its actually a woman problem. We put everyone else first before us. I have struggled with this my whole life. Having a family certainly doesn't help. Don't get me wrong, I think men and daddies have this issue too, but it's different. I don't think men put as much pressure on themselves. I could be wrong. Any men care to weigh in? Oh, that's right, only two people read this.

Which leads me back to my goals. Three things I need to do everyday to feel like myself.

1) read. Anything. Well, not Facebook. But blogs count as reading, as do books or magazines.

(2) write. It doesn't have to be here on the blog, but anything. Writing has always been my creative outlet and I'd like to be more creative in my daily life. And I'd eventually like to write a book. But that's a story for another time. Literally. In all honesty, if I write daily I will get that much closer to the big-fear-scary-goal of writing a book.

(3) exercise. Every day. It helps me keep my sanity. It doesn't have to be hardcore cardio. It just has to be something exercise. I'm hoping my jeans will thank me.

It seems simple and so far I'm 1:1. I hope I can stick to it and see a difference in my overall attitude (and waistline) as a result.

No comments: