Sunday, November 23, 2008

My iPod understands me.

The other day I hopped in the car with Lovie and headed for a drive. As usual, after starting up the car and before backing out of the driveway, I turned on the iPod. Lately, I've put my listening pleasure in the iPod's hand and hit the Shuffle button. About a year ago I used Shuffle for the first time because I wanted to see how long it would take to shuffle through all my songs. It took almost four months. Since then, Shuffle has been a trusted friend. It's like listening to Cora Radio. All my songs, randomly selected just for me. On that ride with Lovie it occurred to me that the iPod understood me. This particular day I was feeling pretty mellow and Lovie was asleep. The iPod played all the mellow tunes: Indigo Girls, Ben Harper, Paul Simon. The day before when I needed to rev up my energy level my iPod shuffled to Matchbox Twenty, Nine Inch Nails, and Gwen Stefani. It seems the iPod never lets me down. I wonder what the iPod will play when I've decided I don't want to listen to anything? Silence?

No comments: